NEW PHILIDELPHIA, Ohio — Two-time and defending Must See Racing Sprint Car Series champion Jimmy McCune continued his summer hot streak by leading the opening practice session for Saturday’s Buckeye State Shootout at Midvale Speedway.
McCune posted his fast lap in the third and final group, touring the three-tenths-mile oval in 13 seconds even (83.077 mph) in the No. 88 Abe’s Auto Parts & Sales/B&B Machinery Movers/Rev-X Oil sprinter.
He was followed by all-time series fast qualifier and fellow two-time champion Brian Gerster, who put up a time of 13.032 seconds (82.873 mph) in the No. 50m RAM Engineering Midwest/Dick Myers Racing mount.
Ryan Gillenwater was third in the No. 45 Royal Purple/Fifth Street Auto Care entry, timing in at 13.178 seconds (81.955 mph), ahead of Jeff Bloom and Tom Jewell.
Making his Must See Racing Sprint Car Series debut, South Africa’s Jacques Roos timed in ninth (13.639/79.185) in the first session.
Final practice for the Buckeye State Shootout is set for approximately 4:40 p.m.
RESULTS: Must See Racing Sprint Car Series; First Practice; Midvale Speedway; July 15, 2017
- #88 – Jimmy McCune, 13.000
- #50m – Brian Gerster, 13.032
- #45 – Ryan Gillenwater, 13.178
- #26 – Jeff Bloom, 13.340
- #7 – Tom Jewell, 13.399
- #4B – Bronzie Lawson IV, 13.400
- #8 – Anthony McCune, 13.407
- #72s – Joe Speakman, 13.499
- #9s – Charlie Schultz, 13.609
- #Y0 – Jacques Roos, 13.639
- #75c – Jerry Caryer, 13.698
- #4X – Bronzie Lawson III, 13.725
- #8A – Adam Biltz, 13.748
- #85 – Rick Holley, 14.078
- #28 – Todd McQuillen, 14.143
CREDIT: Must See Racing