ANDERSON, Ind. — Brian Gerster leapt to the top of the board in final Must See Racing Sprint Car Series practice at Anderson Speedway on Saturday evening, as he seeks to end his long winless drought at the quarter-mile bullring.
Gerster posted the fastest lap of the day to-date, a time of 10.709 seconds (84.041 mph), in the No. 50m RAM Engineering Midwest/Landrum Performance Springs mount for Dick Myers Racing in preparation for Abe’s Auto Parts Trials later in the day.
An 18-time winner in Must See Racing competition, including triumphs earlier in the season at Madison Int’l Speedway and Rockford Speedway, Gerster has never won at Anderson under MSR sanction.
His chief rival, four-time Anderson winner and two-time defending series champion Jimmy McCune, also dipped into the 10-second bracket in final practice.
McCune posted a time of 10.955 seconds (82.154 mph) in the No. 88 Abe’s Auto Parts & Sales/B&B Machinery Movers/Rev-X Oil entry.
His nephew, 19-year-old Anthony McCune, was third (11.116/80.964) ahead of opening practice leader Chris Neuenschwander and three-time Pay Less Little 500 champion Jeff Bloom.
Doug Dietsch, Brian Vaughn, Tom Jewell, Charlie Schultz and Joe Speakman completed the top 10.
Abe’s Auto Parts Time Trials for the Must See Racing Sprint Car Series are slated for 6:40 p.m.
RESULTS: Must See Racing Sprint Car Series; Final Practice; Anderson Speedway; Aug. 12, 2017
- #50m – Brian Gerster, 10.709
- #88 – Jimmy McCune, 10.955
- #8 – Anthony McCune, 11.116
- #10 – Chris Neuenschwander, 11.143
- #26 – Jeff Bloom, 11.226
- #0 – Doug Dietsch, 11.229
- #71 – Brian Vaughn, 11.231
- #7 – Tom Jewell, 11.348
- #9s – Charlie Schultz, 11.444
- #72s – Joe Speakman, 11.502
- #75c – Jerry Caryer, 11.557
- #4B – Bronzie Lawson IV, 11.609
- #10k – Christian Koehler, 11.769
- #8A – Adam Biltz, 11.962
- #5 – Dameron Taylor, 12.125
- #13 – H.D. Carter, 15.581
CREDIT: Must See Racing