PARAGOULD, AR – Story and audio by Managing Editor Jacob Seelman for Speed77 Radio, Race Chaser Online and USCS Racing – Scott Frazier photo – For 2009 USCS K&N Outlaw Modified Series champion Hunter Rasdon, the drought is finally over.
Rasdon, who had not won a USCS Modified event since his championship season in 2009, powered to the lead around perennial USCS Modified contender Robby Arnold on Lap 8 of Thursday night’s 25-lap “Rumble at the Ridge” at Crowley’s Ridge Raceway and endured a restart with 14 laps complete to grab the long-overdue victory over defending Poplar Bluff Speedway modified winner Dallas Everett, from Beebe, Arkansas.
The victory was Rasdon’s sixth career USCS K&N Outlaw Modified Series win.
“I’ll tell you, we’ve been close at so many of these things over the past five years; it’s amazing to finally be back down here as a winner,” Rasdon expressed in www.rockauto.com Victory Lane. “We had to root and gouge our way to the front, and passing Robby (Arnold) for the win is never easy, but I was not going to let this one get away tonight. It’s good to be back.”
Tyler Stephens started the night from the K&N Filters Pole Position, and led the opening lap before being overhauled on lap 2 by Robby Arnold. Rasdon then took the lead at the start-finish line on lap 8 and never trailed from there, despite the race’s lone caution flying at lap 14 when Arnold spun out of third place in turn 2.
Behind Rasdon and Everett, Searcy, Arkansas’ Tyler Stephens, brother-in-law to USCS Sprint Car Series driver Anthony Nicholson, completed the podium in the third position. Current series points leader Lucas Lee, from Paris, Tennessee, rolled home in the fourth position and Jonesboro, Arkansas’ Jared Hays rounded out the top five.
Dyersburg, Tennessee driver Preston Seratt, who won his first series event last week at Poplar Bluff Speedway, crossed under the checkered flag in seventh. Morrilton, Arkansas native Jim Freeman raced home in eighth, with Blake Burns, out of Jonesboro, finishing ninth. Truman, Arkansas’ Kyle Beard completed the top ten finishers.
Daniel Roe kicked off the evening’s racing action by grabbing the win in the K&N Filters Power Dash. Tyler Stephens took the win in the Wilwood Disc Brakes First Heat, and Robby Arnold grabbed the checkered flag in the Aero Race Wheels Second Heat. Dallas Everett drove to victory in the www.rockauto.com Third Heat, and Rasdon took the Saldana Racing Products Fourth Heat win. Jim Freeman snagged the Comp Cams Fifth Heat victory. Stephens then received the K&N Filters Pole Award by virtue of a straight-up start from heat race results. Tait Davenport garnered the Comp Cams Hard Charger Award by virtue of passing the most cars in the main event (eight).
The K&N Filters USCS Outlaw Modified Series will be back in action on Friday, July 4th, Independence Day, as part of the racing program at Diamond Park Speedway in Nashville, Arkansas.
For rules, schedules and more information on the K&N Filters USCS Outlaw Modified Series, please visit www.uscsracing.com or call 770-460-7223 or 770-865-6097.
RESULTS: K&N Filters USCS Outlaw Modified Series; Crowley’s Ridge Raceway; Thursday, July 3, 2014:
K&N Filters Power Dash: Daniel Roe, Tait Davenport, Daryl Hay, Walter Dunn, Justin Roberts, Preston Seratt (DNS).
Wilwood Disc Brakes First Heat: Tyler Stephens, Lucas Lee, Daniel Roe, John Gray, Tait Davenport, Mike Powers, Nathan Brown, Dustin Billingsley.
Aero Race Wheels Second Heat: Robby Arnold, Shannon Brack, Josh Greene, Tyler Newcomb, Daryl Hay, Vance Ball, Zach Jones, Wade Douglas.
www.rockauto.com Third Heat: Dallas Everett, Preston Seratt, Jeff Davis, Kyle Beard, Ryan Moore, Justin Roberts, Scott Tracer, Jim Gulley.
Saldana Racing Products Fourth Heat: Hunter Rasdon, Blake Burns, Justin Glover, Kelton Sanders, Michael Gifford, Barkley Rowland, Jeremy Russell, Cheyenne Loyd (DNS).
Comp Cams Fifth Heat: Mike Freeman, Jared Hays, Jamey Daughhetee, Kelby Wright, Scott Tracer, Walter Dunn, Josh Ray.
K&N Filters B-Main #1: 12-laps (3 transfer)
- #Z41 – Kyle Beard, Truman, AR
- #00 – John Gray, Jonesboro, AR
- #KEG1 – Jeremy Russell, Brookland, AR
- #99R – Justin Roberts, Paragould, AR
- #D97 – Daryl Hay, Doniphan, MO
- #P3 – Mike Powers, Burlison, TN
- #72 – Michael Gifford, Walnut Ridge, AR
- #15 – Tyler Renshaw, Truman, AR
- #5 – Zach Jones, Weiner, AR
- #ONE – Kelby Wright, Weiner, AR
- #211 – Dustin Billingsley, Crawfordsville, AR (DNS)
- #44G – Jim Gulley, Brookland, AR (DNS)
Pyrotect B-Main #2: 12-laps (3 transfer)
- #47 – Tyler Newcomb, Jonesboro, AR
- #12D – Tait Davenport, Benton, KY
- #6* – Barkley Rowland, Paragould, AR
- #21M – Ryan Moore, Jonesboro, AR
- #8X – Kelton Sanders, Mablevale, AR
- #77 – Josh Ray, Southaven, MS
- #55 – Walter Dunn, Grandy, MO
- #94 – Scott Tracer, Rector, AR
- #33 – Vance Ball, Paragould, AR
- #3N – Nathan Brown, Marion, AR
- #1 – Wade Douglas, Forest City, AR
- #220L – Cheyenne Loyd, Jonesboro, AR (DNS)
K&N Filters USCS Outlaw Modified Series at Poplar Bluff Speedway Main Event: 25-laps
1. #R5 – Hunter Rasdon, Jonesboro, AR
2. #E26 – Dallas Everett, Beebe, AR
3. #2 – Tyler Stephens, Searcy, AR
4. #12 – Lucas Lee, Paris, TN
5. #4P – Jared Hays, Jonesboro, AR
6. #12B – Shannon Brack, Jonesboro, AR
7. #29 – Preston Seratt, Dyersburg, TN
8. #6F – Jim Freeman, Morrilton, AR
9. #37 – Blake Burns, Jonesboro, AR
10. #Z41 – Kyle Beard, Truman, AR
11. #12D – Tait Davenport, Benton, KY
12. #00 – John Gray, Jonesboro, AR
13. #KEG1 – Jeremy Russell, Brookland, AR
14. #9X – Josh Greene, Paragould, AR
15. #73 – Justin Glover, West Memphis, AR
16. #23 – Jeff Davis, Paragould, AR
17. #47 – Tyler Newcomb, Jonesboro, AR
18. #6* – Barkley Rowland, Paragould, AR
19. #44G – Jim Gulley, Brookland, AR
20. #13 – Jamey Daughhetee, Pocahontas, AR
21. #21 – Robby Arnold, Paragould, AR
22. #99R – Justin Roberts, Paragould, AR
23. #24R – Daniel Roe, Paragould, AR
Did Not Start A-main:
#8X – Kelton Sanders, Mablevale, AR
#21M – Ryan Moore, Jonesboro, AR
#55 – Walter Dunn, Grandy, MO
#33 – Vance Ball, Paragould, AR
#3N – Nathan Brown, Marion, AR
#94 – Scott Tracer, Rector, AR
#77 – Josh Ray, South Haven, MS
#1 – Wade Douglas, Forest City, AR
#220L – Cheyenne Loyd, Jonesboro, AR
#D97 – Daryl Hay, Doniphan, MO
#ONE – Kelby Wright, Weiner, AR
#72 – Michael Gifford, Walnut Ridge, AR
#P3 – Mike Powers, Burlison, TN
#15 – Tyler Renshaw, Truman, AR
#5 – Zach Jones, Weiner, AR
#211 – Dustin Billingsley, Crawfordsville, AR
K&N Filters USCS Outlaw Modified Series Race Awards:
K&N Filters Pole Award: #2 – Tyler Stephens
K&N Filters Podium (3rd place) Award: #2 – Tyler Stephens
Comp Cams Hard Charger Award: #12D – Tait Davenport
Saldana Racing Products Top Five Award: #4P – Jared Hays
Pyrotect Racing Cells Lucky Seven Award: #29 – Preston Seratt
DMI/Bulldog Rear Ends Top Ten Award: #Z41 – Kyle Beard