F1: Nico Hulkenberg Inks Contract Extension With Sahara Force India

RaceChaser Staff Featured, Formula One, International, Sprints & Midgets 0 Comments

SILVERSTONE, England – official release — Force India photo —

Nico Hulkenberg will remain with the Sahara Force India Formula One operation through the 2015 season after signing a contract extension on Monday.

The 27-year-old German returned to Sahara Force India at the start of 2014 season after last racing for the team in 2012. This year has been Hulkenberg’s most successful to date in Formula One, scoring points in 13 races so far this season. He currently sits eighth in the Formula One World Championship standings.

“Everybody in the team is delighted to see Nico remain a Sahara Force India driver for next season. We rate him very highly and he has done a tremendous job this year by consistently picking up crucial championship points. We know him extremely well: he’s a true racer and he knows how to motivate the team. I am convinced he is one of the best talents on the grid and I am proud that he will continue to race in the colours of Sahara Force India,” said Vijay Mallya, team principal and managing director of Sahara Force India.

“It’s good to confirm my plans for next season. This is a team I know extremely well and we’ve enjoyed a great year together with some special results,” Hulkenberg said. “The team has big ambitions and I believe we can have a competitive package once again next year. We have a strong partner in Mercedes and everyone in the team is motivated and hungry for more success. I have a good feeling for 2015 and there is a lot to be excited about as we try to build on the results we have achieved this year.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *